"You'll get to used the noise.", NO!

///"You'll get to used the noise.", NO!
Login Register
"You'll get to used the noise.", NO! 2013-04-02T01:32:39+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? "You'll get to used the noise.", NO!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Blue Yugo

I don’t have fear of noises as much as distraction from them and annoyance at the fact that I can’t adjust my attention and focus on what I choose rather than the noise that is chosen for me.

Fear of loud and sudden noises is built into our instincts, but if it is a problem or occurs even while we know what the noise is and that it’s a “safe” noise, it could be due to PTSD.

REPORT ABUSE
    Evelyn

I am really sensitive to smells, especially chemical, even the air fresheners I can tell if someone uses essential oils or the synthetic form. I can smell a gas leak that the tech-guy from the gas company couldn’t find with the super sensitive instruments …I called them three times before they found the leak. I told them if they didn’t find something that last time I would have to consider myself loony, and refrain from calling them again. They informed me that even if I just thought I smelled something I should call, I was relieved to hear that. But, the guy that came out this last time found the problem and fixed it. I’m happy to report I haven’t smelled the gas since, and I’m not loony, …(?) nah!

REPORT ABUSE
    billys1

OH NO I WILL NOT!  LOL Loud sounds make my ears ring and are ver painful to me.  As for flashing lights like a strobe light, wow, just torcher me instead. They give me spliting headaches and make me dizzy.

REPORT ABUSE
    laddybug3

I have learned how to ignore small sounds. Such as group conversations at restaurant. There was a time that I could hear everyone conversations at restaurant and it drove me nuts. My family joked that I would make a good spy, if I learned how to shut-up.

At the movie theater, I have to sit at this row or I cannot watch the movie. People better not be sitting next to me chewing popcorn or drinking or eating front of me.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.