Need some reputable Amantadine for ADHD resources to share with Doctor.

///Need some reputable Amantadine for ADHD resources to share with Doctor.
Login Register
Need some reputable Amantadine for ADHD resources to share with Doctor. 2012-02-21T19:27:03+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Other Meds Need some reputable Amantadine for ADHD resources to share with Doctor.

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sugar_Shane

In case my Doctor needs some motivation to try me on this med. I don’t like stimulants or Stratterra, this might be my last try with meds.

REPORT ABUSE
    Sugar_Shane
    munchkin

There hasn’t been much talk about Amantadine on this site – don’t know much about it. I guess you’ll have to educate us?

In googling around, it seems like there are people using it and liking it, but not a lot of studies done.

It seems like doctors don’t like to prescribe stimulants, so you might have an easy time getting a non-stimulant…

REPORT ABUSE
    Anonymous

I don’t know if this might help your case or not…. I have multiple sclerosis and amantadine is one of the 2 “go-to” drugs to battle fatigue. I took it several years ago, before being dx’d with ADD but I didn’t feel like it was really doing anything. I was focused on fighting the fatigue, so I really can’t address its interaction with the ADD….

This is interesting though… I’m on AdderallXR (30mg) and find that it runs out after about 4 hours on work days (I’m a teacher). I may run the amantadine idea by my neuro.

sherill

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.