March 6, 2018 at 6:41 pm #128660
medvinParticipantMarch 6, 2018 at 6:41 pmPost count: 1
I need some advice about if my problems are serious enough to talk to a doctor or not.
These are some of the problems I’m facing:
– I am really sensitive to noises, like classrooms are hell for me and I often experience sensory overload because of it. The noise of a classmates pencil can drive me nuts and I often leave the classroom because I need to take a break.
– I have a real hard time listening to people talking. I zone out all the time even in normal conversations with my friends.
– Instructions are difficult either because of me zoning out or my poor working memory.
– My memory is really bad. I forget that conversations have happend or recent events. Like for example today my friends asked me if I wanted to go out and eat I don’t even remember them asking me even though everyone told me I was there. One time my teacher gave us an instruction, wrote on the whiteboard and left, five minutes later I asked my friend why everyone was working. I didn’t register any of this had happend.
– I have this “brain fog” all the time. It feels like I have ten thoughts at once and it’s really hard to organise them enough to concentrate.
– I procrastinate all the time, even stuff I like. It’s like a constant feeling that I want to do something but nothing really motivates me enough to do anything.
Is it ADHD or something else?REPORT ABUSEMarch 6, 2018 at 10:40 pm #128661
That Guy with ADHDParticipantMarch 6, 2018 at 10:40 pmPost count: 125
Those do sound like ADHD traits but a diagnosis can’t come from a single forum entry. Because they seem to be affecting you in a negative way I would recommend that you see your doctor to get a proper diagnosis. From there they can begin a form of therapy whether that be medication or something else. In the mean time educate yourself about ADHD. You can read through these forums and find many similar examples of ADHD symptoms. Try watching some of the excellent videos on this site. There are many sites on the web that are dedicated to ADHD that could be helpful. If you have a question you can post it in the forum and someone may have an answer or be able to share their experiences.
AKA That Guy with ADHD
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by That Guy with ADHD.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.